Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to achieved a post it effect? Script, custom made material, phoenixFD, or VFX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieved a post it effect? Script, custom made material, phoenixFD, or VFX?

Hello, I've no idea how I can achieve such affect and I even don't know if it can be done with Vray.
    I can't go for Hollywood path as my budget won't fit with it, but there is probably a way to do it, if not at rendering, in post prod.
    Thanks for your help.

Looks like someone has just distributed and scattered some paper shapes over geometry.
    http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

forest pack or pflow and a few paper models...?
      white material and a couple of lights

Comment

Originally posted by JD3D_CGI View Post
        Looks like someone has just distributed and scattered some paper shapes over geometry.
        In fact this is a real life post it installation done by an artist. I would like to recreate such effect on several scene, of course not by doing it by hand.
        Not sure that my Pflow level is enough to handle it as it will probably required a lot of little refinement to get something realistic.

Comment

forestpack then
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Forest pack
            A.

---------------------
            www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I would probably use pflow, but Hair and fur with a custom hair could also do it.

If I get some time I'll throw together a pflow for you.
              Gavin Jeoffreys
              Freelance 3D Generalist

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                Forest pack
                Thanks,
                is it doable even with the free version of Forest pack?
                Can forestpack be animated?

Comment

No idea, what are the limitations?
                  Yes it can be animated. But if you want to achieve a wind effect you should animate the object. https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/animation-new

Max 2018 zip file added to post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PostIt.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	379.0 KB
ID:	1014799
                  Attached Files
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Just checked, you need to use UV distribution and the Free version only allows flat surfaces. So no you can't use FP Lite for this.
                    A.

---------------------
                    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
                      Just checked, you need to use UV distribution and the Free version only allows flat surfaces. So no you can't use FP Lite for this.
                      Thanks you very much, but I'm not a fan of subscription plan policies even if all company dream about charging client for peanuts.
                      Software is the only field where you buy something that you don't own, it's like having a lease on top of fully paid car.
                      I'm willing to resist this business model as much as I can.

Comment

the difference with itoo is that if your subscription expire, you can still use the version you have
                        Kind Regards,
                        Morne

Comment

Like Morne said it's not a subscription. You pay for the software and depending on which version (1 or 3 years) you get the updates. So you 'own' it in any case even after 5 years if you took a 1 year maintenance plan.
                          A.

---------------------
                          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

There is also Multiscatter, for which you can get a permanent license.

Comment

Working...
                            X