Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do i need to buy an extra node?

Hi guys,

Im getting a render slave at work soon and i was just having a look at if i need to buy a node for it,

I saw that vray next comes with one node as standard and I am planning on only rendering on the slave so can I assign the render node to that but keep the interface on the main machine as they seem to be two separate things?

Im still newish to the whole vray thing especially nodes etc so any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you're planning to use only the second machine for rendering you don't need a second render node with V-Ray NEXT - it can use the one from the Workstation package. You'd need a second render node license if you want to render on 2 computers (e.g. your workstation AND a render node) at the same time.
    Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Do you need an extra node license for distributed rendering?
      http://www.jd3d.co.uk - Vray Mentor

Comment

Originally posted by JD3D_CGI View Post
        Do you need an extra node license for distributed rendering?
        Yes. You need an additional render node license for every additionall machine you want to include in the rendering. The only exception is if you just want to send the render to another machine - you can exclude the workstation and only 1 render node license will be engaged - since only 1 computer will be rendering.

You can also try V-Ray cloud while it's still in Beta and therefore free
        Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
        X