Vray Cloud - Ridiculous GB Size!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Cloud - Ridiculous GB Size!

I'm trying the Vray Cloud but it only works with .Vrscene files. So I have to export my 133 frame animation but if my 3ds max file + textures have a size of 500 MB... the .Vrscene file has a size of 21.6 GB .

If ChaosGroup is trying to make a business there, I have to say that the actual way Vcloud works sucks. It took me many minutes to export that Scene (lost time of my workstation) and hours to upload. I don't see any benefit here.
    I see that Vcloud won't be useful for users.

I hope you read this and take it as a feedback from an old client. Try to make it more like RebusFarm, simple and easy. That's what we need.

Best Regards.
    Mario

DualXeon 2630V4
    Windows 7
    3ds Max 2017 SP3
    Vray 3.6

i assume its not designed to work efficent with animations.
    maybe it could be extended to a live updating data storage like Conductor.
    https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
    Ryzen 5950, Geforce 3060, 128GB ram

Comment

If its not for animations, why would someone hire a Renderfarm? For Still imagery? That's insane. Anyone can render their own Still's anytime. I think ChaosGroup is not thinking well this step. I'm out of Vcloud. It was just a waste of time this "Beta testing".

Comment

Well one thing I found out the hard way is that all your particle systems need be set up to use the VRay Instancer. Otherwise it'll create geometry for every single frame when it compiles. I had a 6 Megabyte file with a 300-frame animation that took 20 minutes to compile. When that was done, it said "Uploading" forever. I thought something was wrong, so I kept cancelling it and restarting it. After I gave up and rendered it on my own computer, discovered it was taking so long to upload because VRay Cloud had created a 10 Gb temp file. But I guess it would have gone smoothly had I used the Instancer. I never went back to test though.
        - Geoff

Comment

Something doesn't sound right with this.
          Does your max scene have a lot of deforming mesh?
          You should get in touch with support and they will help you sort it out.

One thing is you should make sure you are using the most up to date Vray Cloud Client

Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Upload times have always been why I don’t use farms for stills.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby - you should try vray cloud I can upload 5gb max files extremely quickly
              Chris Jackson
              Shiftmedia
              www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
                Bobby - you should try vray cloud I can upload 5gb max files extremely quickly
                I am a beta tester, but I haven't had time to test. It's not the farm's upload issue, it is my crumby 10mb up issue.

DOWNLOAD Mbps
                UPLOAD Mbps
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I've rendered lots of animation on the cloud and it will depend on the project but mostly it's great!

The cloud uses vrscenes that seems to take a snapshot of the scene for every single frame, I haven't quite figured out exactly how it works yet but sometimes for animations I get huge files and for others it will only add kilobytes per frame.

It would be nice if vrscenes had some clever way of storing animation per object but I imagine this would be a lot of work!
                  Freelance 3D Generalist
                  www.maxwood.co.uk

Comment

guys upload is only as fast as your internet provider will let you, has nothing to do with the cloud it self. I would see that the giant .vrscene is a result of large vertex deformation. Perhaps this has to be improved some how...
                    Dmitry Vinnik
                    Silhouette Images Inc.
                    ShowReel:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Working...
                    X