Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maxscript commands for setting Frame Buffer Path and Progressive Render Time (min)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxscript commands for setting Frame Buffer Path and Progressive Render Time (min)

Are there maxscript commands for these two things? I looked on the help but maybe I missed it or just don't get it. Thanks for any help!

Best Regards,
    Alfred

Code:
    -- assign vr as a shortcut to whatever renderer is assigned (better be vray or else errors!)

vr = renderers.current

-- set the render time in minutes

vr.progressive_max_render_time = 2 

-- turn on saving raw files form the buffer

vr.output_saveRawFile = on

-- set your file output path, if you're using normal paths remember to double up on your slashes or maxscript freaks out

vr.output_rawFileName = "c:\\test.exr"
    so the main thing is to do "vr = renderers.current" to start off with and then if you use "showproperties vr" then maxscript will print out every property you can adjust!

Comment

Oh man! This is great, thank you so much!

Comment

That showproperties thing works for anything btw, like if you've got any object selected in your scene you can use "showproperties $" and you'll get a similar list of things you can do to that object. "$" represents "whatever I have selected" so if you've got more than one object it might get confused!

Comment

The showproperties vr is a great command, thank you very much for that tidbit. That is super helpful. I could have really used that in my previous endeavors. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X