VFB corrections used in a VFB non-corrected scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB corrections used in a VFB non-corrected scene

I've got a bunch of chairs being modeled for use in my interior scenes. The artist is doing a lot of his corrections inside of VFB (increasing contrast, knocking down highlights, etc) and outputting JPG's for me to approve. My question is this: How will chairs that look fantastic now (after his VFB tweaks), look when imported and rendered in a scene where I do not use VFB corrections, but prefer to do everything in post? The artist insists that it won't matter. I, on the other hand, think that his materials may look different than expected. Many of the materials are black leather which is a bear, to begin with.

Thanks
    David Anderson
    www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
    Windows 10 Pro
    3ds Max 2023.3 Update
    V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
    Puget Systems
    TRX40 EATX
    AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
    2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
    128GB RAM

you can export vfb corrections and load it as a lut in photoshop.
    Surrealismo
    https://www.facebook.com/surrrealismo

Comment

Originally posted by leo.surrealismo View Post
      you can export vfb corrections and load it as a lut in photoshop.
      that may help with the chairs, but mess up the rest of the scene
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Streetwise View Post
        I've got a bunch of chairs being modeled for use in my interior scenes. The artist is doing a lot of his corrections inside of VFB (increasing contrast, knocking down highlights, etc) and outputting JPG's for me to approve. My question is this: How will chairs that look fantastic now (after his VFB tweaks), look when imported and rendered in a scene where I do not use VFB corrections, but prefer to do everything in post? The artist insists that it won't matter. I, on the other hand, think that his materials may look different than expected. Many of the materials are black leather which is a bear, to begin with.

Thanks
        depends on how far he pushed the tweaks. A slight pull on the exposure, highlight sliders or slight curve wont make that big a difference, but a major curve or color correction may mess up tings that have been setup better from the beginning.
        Last edited by Morne; 27-11-2018, 11:44 PM.
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Originally posted by Morne View Post

depends on how far he pushed the tweaks. A slight pull on the exposure, highlight sliders or slight curve won't make that big a difference, but a major curve or color correction may mess up tings that have been setup better from the beginning.
          That's kind of what I thought. The main thing is that he adjusted the exposure on many of them to .72. So maybe it's not as bad as I thought.

David Anderson
          www.DavidAnderson.tv

Software:
          Windows 10 Pro
          3ds Max 2023.3 Update
          V-Ray GPU 6 Update 1

Hardware:
          Puget Systems
          TRX40 EATX
          AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core 3.69GHz
          2X NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
          128GB RAM