Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurring an Irradience Map

Hey guys,

Is there anyway to take an existing irradience map and blur it so that the shadows are softer? I would even be up for a solution in post as well...like having the shadows rendered as a seperate pass and dealing with them that way...is that possible? I have a client who changed his mind and wants some of the animations that i did with softer, less dark shadows. I have the irradience map rendered for each of the sequences...any help would be greatly appreciated.
    -----Dwayne D. Ellis-----

you probably looking at rendering out your sequence as a occlusion type of pass that you can then blur in post and comp it in. Cant think of any other way to really do it.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

I wish there was some way of doing it with the Imapviewer. I'm just trying to avoid rendering the irradience map over again....but its looking like thats what i'm going to have to do.

Comment

You can try to increase the interpolation samples for the irradiance map, it will blur it more.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks....i'll definetely try that.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be doing very much....what kind of values are you talkin' about. I've got it at 120 right now...it was 30 when i started.

Comment

Working...
            X