3ds 7 Spk 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds 7 Spk 1

So the latest service pack is in from Discreet - before I bite that compatibility bubble has anybody tried using it with 1.09r ?

http://www.discreet.com/support/max/download/download.php3#NEW! 3ds max 7 Service Pack 1 - English

If not I'll be the lab rat and let you know how I fair - Oh upgrades are so much fun :P

yeah seems to run all fine here ... but then again i wouldnt expect it to fall over ..
    Natty
    http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Working OK so far

Same here - lets see if they have fixed the Vray map incremental saving thing - fingers crossed. I'll keep you updated.

Comment

okey guys so is it safe to install it?
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Works good here!

Comment

Dont you guy's think its a bit wierd they would bring this out just before max 7.5 in april ? ...
            Natty

Comment

it's for those without the subscription.
              www.cgtechniques.com | http://www.hdrlabs.com - home of hdri knowledge

Comment

Good point..
                Natty

Comment

it is wierd. I watch the topic on discreet forum. Guy was asking if 7.5 has any bug fixes and if so why only subs will get it. Discreet guys were saying that no there won;t be any bug fixes in 7.5. I guess they funked and puted fixes from 7.5 to sp1 for unsubs.
                  Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Interesting timing alright

Definetly interesting timing - I am presuming that 7.5 is aimed at NAB time - mid to end of April, Fur and Hair is the real press getter. What is also interesting is the half point upgrade 7.5 - sounds like they are aiming squarely at the Maya upgrading cycle. I actually knew about the addition of hair about 2 months before the press release (sworn to secrecy)- we had some discreet guys in doing a demo and I asked them about the rumour I heard that 8 is going to be a complete re-build. They conceded that the company policy was to buy the most popular plug-in's and intergrate them directly into 3ds so indirectly every area of the product will be re-built. What I am so curious about now is what rabbit they are going to pull out of the hat for 8 ? I am thinking Afterburn ? Dreamscape ? - what do you think ? If you had your way what would you throw into the mix from the plug-in World ?

Comment

sounds like max 8 will shake 3d world. I think that if max viewport will be as fast as XSI then we are finally home.
                      Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Yep

Yeh I think that 3ds just keeps getting stronger. I'm not just saying this as a max user, but also as a Maya user. 3ds has advanced so much in the three years that I have been using it, stability and speed - I don't see that with Maya - I don't know XSI but I hear more and more good things about 3ds. To answer my own question - I would like to see work on the post effects - glow, lens flare, volumetric fog, that and some added material editor functionality. But 3ds can go toe to toe anyday.

Comment

good points...i see max as more removing its deficiencies (sp) then really breaking out with new stuff...some of the stuff its just implemented has been standard fare in other packages for awhile now...course the same could be said for the other packages as well...

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Hopefully it will support 64bit, linux would be sweet too.
                            Eric Boer
                            Dev

Comment

64-bit ready

At E3 a year ago I was talking to another Discreet guy about 64 bit and he said that 3ds has been 64bit ready for a number of years. The problem was one of OS. It is really frustrating how long widows is taking with Long Horn(64 bit OS) . I don't quite understand what the hold up is. It has really been loosing ground to Mac hand over fist.
                              I suspect they are dealing with so many security issues that they have forgotten how important horsepower is to us 3D nerds. I have been running a 64 bit dual processor system for over a year (AMD) with nothing to test it out

Comment

Working...
                              X