No announcement yet.

Backburner crashes when saving scene or XRefs of that scene on the workstation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner crashes when saving scene or XRefs of that scene on the workstation

The most important use of a render node is, that you can work further on your scenes on the workstation and the render node renders your images at the same time. My problem is, when I save a scene, wich is opened on the workstation the Backburner quits rendering the same scene with an "109 3dsmax adapter errror.The pipe has been ended". This happens even if I work on the scenes, which are loaded into the scene as Xrefs, that Backburner is rendering. So I think, that there must be some kind of switch which says: "Quit rendering when one of the scenes, wich are part of the rendering is saved and therefore now newer." I testet it with different setups. Spawner on and of on the render node, one or two sessions of MAX on the workstation (I hope I can execute as many sessions of MAX on my workstation as I want). When I use other scenes from other projects, which have nothing to do with the running rendering all works fine. Does anybody know the cause?. (VRay Next 4.02.04.00005 and 3dsMAX 2019-2) I want to prevent the Update 1 of VRay and MAX 2019-3 because I stuck in a project.
    Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Here are some remarks what I did so far and what the solution was for me, may be it will help someone:

At first I made some deletions according to this site:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/suppo...-response.html

Sadly the error remains after I did all what is recomended there. Then I found out that this error in my case was caused by some older files I work with on my current project. This files are three years old and were created to work with Mental Ray and its A&D Materials. Even though I converted these files to VRay with its own converter, and converted all the materials (VRayMtl Converter by 3DZve) and correcting all paths (Relink Bitmaps by Colin Senner) somehow there are some remains of MR left. I noticed it, after I removed all Nvidia mr and Iray programs from the computer. So I saw some error messages regarding Mental Ray libraries during opening these files. In testing it I found out, that I have no problem rendering and editing new created files at the same time with Backburner. So I know what the cause was for me and can live with it.

In the search for the error I fuond these good recources on Backburner:

Here is a good and illustrated step by step explaination how to setup Backburner
    https://synergiscadblog.com/2013/05/...burner-set-up/

And here is why Backburner is sometimes a very oversensitive piece of software
    http://infernoflameflintflaresmoke.b...our-enemy.html

Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.<br>Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof. MAX 2021.3, VRay 5 hotfix2, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....

Comment

Working...
    X