"Exposure Control" management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Exposure Control" management

Hello friends, doing some exposure control tests, I noticed that when I exclude exposure control from the V-Ray Cam it seems that the exposure control works only with Max's Physical Camera exposure control inside the 'Environment, the classic way to manage exposure.
    In fact I would have expected that excluding the control from the V-Ray cam I had to use the V-Ray Exposure control, but no, why this?
    And above all, are there other ways?
    Use Max 2019 and V-Ray Next 1.1

Thank you all for your attention and I apologize for my bad English.

Luca

If you're using the VRayCam you dont need to use any exposure control in environment as everything you need is built into the VRayCam already
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Hello Morne thanks for the reply, yes, I know it, I was just running tests and I noticed this.
      But I would like to know why when you exclude the control from the V-Ray Cam you have to use Max's Physical and not the V-Ray Exposure, is it a choice of Chaos?

Comment

VRayPhysicalCam - Exposure built in > no need for any exposure control in Environment (disable any exposure control in Environment)

StandardCam > use V-Ray Exposure Control in Environment
        Max Physical Cam - Exposure built in, however > Need to use in conjunction with Max's Physical Exposure Control in Environment

The VRayPhysicalCam was designed and implemented 1st, long before Max had a physical cam. With the introduction of the Max physical cam (which Autodesk kind of based on VRay's Cam) , Chaos Removed their VRayPhysCam as it was no longer needed. Users complained (including me), and Chaosgroup decided to bring back the VRayPhysicalCam
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Working...
        X