Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bug reports forum, somewhat smaller than normal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug reports forum, somewhat smaller than normal.

Was this done by the hacker? or was it just a much needed prune?

Right, we'll be looking at this; we have a back up of the forum, and the bugs reports were logged anyways, so it's not much of a problem, I hope.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Cool cool.

Just though I might mention it, as it seemed a tad unusual.

BTW can you also tell if the hacker had access to our passwords and email addresses?

I would suggest that you send a bulk PM telling everyone to change their password I the hackers did actually get access to that info. Just a thought

Comment

HAHAH also it appears that guest posting everywhere is now back on...might wanna fix that.

and i forgot to log in.... thats me above.. LOL

DOH

Comment

There also seems to be a few rouge posts .. which ive deleted but if anyone see anymore please let me know.
          Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

If the database is storing the passwords MD5 encrypted (which I'm guessing it is, because using the "I lost my password" feature auto-generates a new one and because php programmers like MD5 encryption) than even if the hackers dowloaded the table of usernames/passwords, the passwords are completely useless to them because of the encryption.

However, they very easily could have all our email addresses, and it wouuld take some real digging through the server logs to see if they pulled them or not.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado
              Right, we'll be looking at this; we have a back up of the forum, and the bugs reports were logged anyways, so it's not much of a problem, I hope.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              It kinda is a problem, as it's a huge resource of information we all learn from.

/Thomas
              www.suurland.com
              www.cg-source.com
              www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

i guess its a matter of perspective....

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                X