Stainless steel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel

I've never had very good results in trying to reproduce this material. It seems like one of the trickiest materials because of how sensitive it is to light & reflections. Finally I made some progress with this latest material I've been working on. What do you guys think? Does it look convincing? I'll post the settings if anyone likes it.

FYI its the material on the refrigerator and the back counter wall...

Tim Nelson
    timnelson3d.com

Wow that is pretty nice. I'm currently working on an interior with alot of stainless steel in it - not sure if it's as realistic as yours. Would like to see a closeup. You mind sharing?
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

looks good. just a little too wavy though...makes the surface looked to bowed.

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

You can control the waves with the bump map. Right now its set to 5 so you can turn it way down. Here is the material. Its basically just super high anistropy at -.95 & a .995 glossy reflection with a 4.0 fresnel - ward brdf.

Feel free to suggest anything that would make it better. I haven't tested it on anything else besides this scene at this angle, so maybe it will need adjusting in other situations.

download material here
        Tim Nelson
        timnelson3d.com

Comment

Thanks for the mat ... having problems getting to look right but its getting there .... thanks

Natty
          http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Tim

Regards

Mark

Comment

Natty, for the elevator doors on the right, I would probably add different uvw's to each element to break up the circular look you've got there. The doors look pretty good, but its most noticeable at the top panel.

Also, I think you've got a floating chair.
              Tim Nelson
              timnelson3d.com

Comment

those damn floating chairs
                Natty
                http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

reminds me of the vw bug commercial with the guy walking around with a little green vw bug stuck on his forehead. as the day progresses, the car gets bigger and bigger...lol

"Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it fu**ed you."

Comment

Working...
                  X