Graphics Driver 3ds 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Driver 3ds 7

Wondering what card and driver your using ?

I'm running 3ds 7.1 with XP Pro Spk 1. Boxxtech AMD dual Opteron 248

At the moment I have Nvidia FX3000 - haven't really had much luck with this card - some odd graphics issues . I am using the Driver Version 6.1.7.6 - and have been running max in Open GL of Direct 3D 9 - most of the time - I can't get the latest Maxtreme driver 6.00.07 to work with this set up.

I currently have this really annoying problem where objects stay highlight white even after you have deselected them and I think it is a display driver thing - anybody got suggestions on what configeration I should try.

Thanks as always.

Same thing here... that happens when i lock my station or have max window minimized for few minutes...

Comment

Turn off "use selection brackets" then your objects will stop being white.

/Thomas
      www.suurland.com
      www.cg-source.com
      www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

Bug

Yeh this seems to be a bug - I have just updated to the 67.22 driver - it is working great so far with Maxtreme - but the selection thing hasn't gone away. I even tried importing the objects into a new scene.
        For some reason the software changed the color of objects to white. I had to go into Properties and change the color.
        That seemed to work for now - but I am not sure if it will try to change them back again in a few minutes.
        I'll try apply a material and see what happens - it is an annoying problem as you cannot tell what has been selected.

Comment

Selection Bracket

I saw your post just after I had written mine. Turning off selection brackets does not intially solve the problem. Whatever the bug has done it changed the properties of the objects. I am not sure if working with selection brackets turned off will prevent the problem coming back - that is my next experiment.

Comment

yeah, sounds like a bit different problem, maybe I didn't read your post carefull enough.

I just know if you use maxtreme for max6 in max7 your selected objects turns white, that isolated problem is fixed with the selection brackets. but your problem sounds a bit more "serious"

/Thomas
            www.suurland.com
            www.cg-source.com
            www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

I might have found it

I think my problem was related to the CAT plug-in I was using. 3ds did turn the bone object white but there are duplicate controls for the bones. I was changing the color using properties control(which only worked temporaritly)eventually I found the second bone color settings (in the modify panel) which seemed to do the trick.
              I will be keeping and eye on it from now on. There in nothing worse in 3ds then duplicate settings to do the same thing - really frustrating.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X