Vray RT / IPR DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray RT / IPR DR

As far as I remember, VrayRT used to support multiple CPUs across the network to speed up the rendering process. Is this now not possible with IPR ? Is VrayRT still supported and if not how can I utilise multiple network CPUs as before ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Originally posted by yavor.rubenov View Post
    Hello,

If you are using the V-Ray IPR - it never supported distributed rendering.
    If you want to use DR - you'll need V-Ray GPU (it can use your CPUs too).

Best regards,
    Yavor
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...uted-rendering
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Ah. Brilliant. Thankyou
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I've put through a job via backburner as you are told to do when before using DR but no matter what I do when using NextGPU it keeps throwing the error message: ipaddress: Not responding for all render nodes. I have DR spawner running on all and I've registerd Vray spawner as a service.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hello,

Are you starting the V-Ray GPU render server - it is different from the Max one. It starts V-Ray standalone in server mode and doesn't need Max at all.

Best regards,
          Yavor
          Yavor Rubenov
          V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

On my main workstation I just have the license server running. On all render nodes I have started both register services as shown in the image. I've then started these services and double checked they are all running.

Standard DR works fine.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Do you have port 20206 accessible ? Maybe some firewall is blocking it ?
              Max DR uses port 20204 and V-Ray GPU DR uses port 20206 and they should not interfere but you could try to remove the Max DR service and run only V-Ray GPU spawner to see if it helps ?
              Yavor Rubenov

Comment

I don't have issues with the 20204 port when using DR. I've double checked my firewalls and only public firewalls are in action, no private network firewalls are. I did include a port forwarding for port 20206 in the router config now but that has not helped.

When starting IPR it does say connected to (render node ip addreses) but then an error appears saying: disconnected by client and then numerous messages saying (ip address) is not responding.
                Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I only have CPU devices on the other machines, do they need GPUs for IPR to work correctly or should IPR use every available processor including GPU and CPU when in GPU mode ?
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

IPR should use the CPU too as a GPU device too.
                    Yavor Rubenov

Comment

Working...
                    X