Vray 3.6 and Max 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.6 and Max 2020

Hi, I couldn't find in downloads. Is there (or will be available soon) Vray 3.60 for Max 2020? There seems to be only Vray Next in downloads section

We don't have builds of V-Ray 3.x for 3ds Max 2020 on our website yet. However I can get you a build if you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com

[EDIT] Since I still get occasional email about this, please note that V-Ray 3.7 for 3ds Max 2020 is available from the official download section of our website. The version should also work in 3ds Max 2021 (although you will have to manually change the installation path).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 10-05-2020, 01:23 PM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Are Vray3.6 versions no longer available for download? I can also only see Next. I'm on 3.6.05 however the online manual refers to a service pack 6, is that 3.6.06 or is it NEXT? Confused!
      Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
      I need a new signature
      --
      Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
      ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

You have to check `show older versions` under the drop downs.

Comment

Originally posted by ior=0 View Post
          Are Vray3.6 versions no longer available for download? I can also only see Next. I'm on 3.6.05 however the online manual refers to a service pack 6, is that 3.6.06 or is it NEXT? Confused!
          I think there's new V-Ray 3.7 version. I have not installed that nor next. Can somebody tell what's new in vorsion 3.7?

Comment

thanks...hangs head in shame...DOH!
            Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
            I need a new signature
            --
            Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
            ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Originally posted by JuhaHo View Post

I think there's new V-Ray 3.7 version. I have not installed that nor next. Can somebody tell what's new in vorsion 3.7?
              Not a lot so far according to the release notes for 3.7.01, lists only 1 bug fix:
              [Bug]
              (*) Render to texture overrides elements with black outputs when they are disabled

Bear in mind the nightly release notes are always quite a way behind so they probably just haven`t written them up yet. Might be waiting for the official release of 3.7 I`d think. This also doesn`t include any of the 3.6.05 improvements/fixes of which I can see about 20-30.

Comment

...hmmm, still no recompile of vray 3 for 2020 in the downloadsection .... better wait for an official version?
                Matthias

Comment

Since I still get occasional emails about this, please note that V-Ray 3.7 for 3ds Max 2020 is available from the official download section of our website. The version should also work in 3ds Max 2021 (although you will have to manually change the installation path).

Best regards,
                  Vlado
                  I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Hi, sorry for resurrecting this old post, but i'm trying to download vray 3.7 from the downloads section and it gets stuck on 200mb. can someone help us? THX"!

Comment

Working...
                    X