Working remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racoonart View Post
    narsov In the meantime I have switched over to AnyDesk & Parsec which are both working phenomenally with none of the issues. However, Nvidia recently "unlocked" their non-quadro cards for remote desktop streaming, you should take a look at that . Should solve the RDP issues as far as I know.
    https://cgpress.org/archives/nvidia-...orce-gpus.html
    Thanks for the info... Seems interesting... Anyone tried this and have any suggestion/observation?
    Will have a look on it for sure
    Ale
    Vray Next for 3dsmax - Certified Professional

Comment

Nice thread and good to hear some real-life experience on remote working.
      As there are some experienced people about this, I've a question about the distribuited rendering.
      Considering that the rendernode reaches the same assets folder of the workstation, when you use a rendernode throught internet , the scene that is transfered is compressed to or not?

For example, if I have a 50MB of max scene, the internet transfer is about 50MB or a smaller one (compressed)?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Yes if you're using Backburner the scene is compressed, sent to the manager and then to the server where it is decompessed and rendered. I don't think any other assets like textures or XRefs are compressed though.
        Dan Brew

Comment

thank you
          But if you use Vray distribuited rendering feature is it the same?

Comment

From what I see Vray DR saves the scene before sending it directly to the slaves. So I do not think the scene is compressed in any way or converted in .vrscene.
            Same for the textures or external references as well.
            But I'm not a developer so not sure what happens under the hood
            Ale
            Vray Next for 3dsmax - Certified Professional

Comment

I've been using Hamachi with decent success.
              10 render nodes remotely located & response is not that bad.
              - I am however exclusively doing single frame renders.
              I do not know if Hamachi would work well for seq. renders, & for simple shares it works just fine.
              Zero management or security issues.

Comment

Working...
              X