Forums notification slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums notification slow

Sorry posting in the 3ds max forum. There is no forum about the forum (we need a separate take5 off forum hint hint) and I couldnt find any topic about this without indulging in searching thousands of topics.
    Anyway, I am not content with the email notifications of this forum. They are slow. Sometimes it is just minutes, but mostly it is much more than that. Can be hours in my experience. Very random.
    Most of the time it is much faster then to just check the forums on my own, but that defies the meaning of the notifications.
    Could you please take a look and fix this?
    Thank you.
    There is no app for that, right? A forum app would really be cool, with native smartphone notifications.
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

vBulletin app. I don't use it though. You also have tapatalk and forum runner. But I'm sure there are more.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

what is your suggestion?
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Btw I got the notification about your answer now. 7 hours later
        www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Forum Runner stopped working years ago and I don't know about the others. Feedly is about the only thing I got to work. The email notifications are so delayed I ignore them.
          Bobby Parker
          www.bobby-parker.com
          e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
          phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
          • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
          • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
          • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So you just subscribe to the forums and read whatever gets updated? How do you find out if people answered on your thread subscription?
            www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I just visit the forum every 5 minutes haha. I never cared for notifications (not forum notifications anyway, we're living in a world of notifications, one less can't harm )
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                what is your suggestion?
                I don't use any. I've heard Tapatalk being mentioned a few times though.
                A.

---------------------
                www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
                  So you just subscribe to the forums and read whatever gets updated? How do you find out if people answered on your thread subscription?
                  I stop by every now and then and look around. Tell you what, this Z generation will not go past the first couple posts on the first page. If they don't see something interesting they'll leave. If they come back a couple of times without seeing anything of interest, they'll stop coming by.
                  Bobby Parker
                  www.bobby-parker.com
                  e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                  phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                  • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                  • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                  • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

yeah, I often come and check, especially for replies to threads that I replied to. And for sure, I never look at more than the first updated topics anyway.
                    But the slowliness of the notifications really bothers me, cause I am checking the forum constantly ... and then am disappointed if there is no answer to my threads lol
                    feel like a 15 year old child doing that, instead of an adult who just shows up when he is called hahaha
                    www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

The notifications are becoming even slower now. I'm getting the emails even after seeing the post and replying on the forum. Sometimes a day later. It is really annoying.
                      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I should add to this saying in the past few days (less than a week, since i noticed) it's also skipping the in-forum notifications (by the user name), which renders the forum real hard to follow.
                        Lele
                        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
                        ----------------------
                        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
                        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Can we please get a new forum? Anybody of chaos reading this?...I guess I have to write to support..
                          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
                          X