Best practice for rendering out render elements only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best practice for rendering out render elements only

Sometimes I need additional render elements like mattes.
    so I don't need the final image or any other computation. In CPU mode I used to turn off gi, lights and shadows etc to speed things up. (I think I had a problem with Antialiasing then though)
    I think in GPU mode that's not possible anymore anyways..
    What would be the best way to quickly get render elements rendered out?
    Thanks for any input!
    Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
    www.AddYourLight.com
    Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
    so I don't need the final image or any other computation. In CPU mode I used to turn off gi, lights and shadows etc to speed things up. (I think I had a problem with Antialiasing then though)
    It's expected to have AA issues with such drastic changes, V-Ray samples the scene differently and this will affect also multimattes.
    You could fix that by adjusting Image Sampler: Min Subdivs value, or by loading already completed render output in ExtraTex-render element screen-space.

It not very clear whether you would like to extract masks from CPU or GPU render engine! Does it matter actually where the masks comes from?
    Even if it's a GPU render, does something prevents you from using the described technique to generate the desired masks via CPU rendering?
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

No, it I guess it doesn't matter what engine I use, as long as I get my masks as fast as possible after the first rendering. It would be nice if I didn't have switch engines though..
      i didn't get the extra Tex method though. How does it work exactly?
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

in addition to what's suggested above I will use this script to quickly create mattes if I needed them later .
        http://tepavicharov.com/?p=25

-------------------------------------------------------------
        Simply, I love to put pixels together! Sounds easy right : ))
        Sketchbook-1 /Sketchbook-2 / Behance / Facebook

Comment

Thanks! This looks as awesome as it is fast and simple.
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Working...
          X