Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full animation not saving

Hi all,

Having a fairly annoying problem, sometimes when i render to an AVI file then although it renders all the frames only half the animation actually gets saved in the clip.
    I dont know if there is something i'm missing here or an option that I need to change

How do you define the animation, with a set time frame or active time segment?
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
      How do you define the animation, with a set time frame or active time segment?
      Thanks for getting back to me, with a set time frame

Comment

I cannot seem to reproduce the issue. Does this happen on a specific scene? If yes, it would be best to send it together with the .avi file to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation (mention this thread as well). Also, what V-Ray, host platform and operating system versions are you using?
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I would heavily suggest never rendering to avi. for one reason alone....if anything goes wrong at any point during the rendering then you have lost the lot!
          I fell foul of that a couple of times years ago and lost a week's worth of animation - lesson learned
          https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Originally posted by fixeighted View Post
            I would heavily suggest never rendering to avi. for one reason alone....if anything goes wrong at any point during the rendering then you have lost the lot!
            I fell foul of that a couple of times years ago and lost a week's worth of animation - lesson learned
            Yeah when i first started i rendered purely to avi and just like you had to learn the hard way but sometimes just for the sake of ease for test renders etc I just render to avi

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
              I cannot seem to reproduce the issue. Does this happen on a specific scene? If yes, it would be best to send it together with the .avi file to support@chaosgroup.com for investigation (mention this thread as well). Also, what V-Ray, host platform and operating system versions are you using?
              It has happened on various files, and i am on 3dsmax vs 21.3.0.3250 and vray 4.10.03.00001 and lastly i am on windows 10 (fully updated)

Comment

You are most likely running out of memory since the frames are stored in the RAM before being saved to the .avi file, hence there is a hard cap, which depends on your installed PC memory. Try monitoring your memory usage and see if that is indeed the case.
                Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
                Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by rudolfb View Post

Yeah when i first started i rendered purely to avi and just like you had to learn the hard way but sometimes just for the sake of ease for test renders etc I just render to avi
                  Even if you render to an image sequence, you can load to a RAM preview to view the animation. Or just quickly run the frames through Media Encoder (or similar) to make an AVI or MP4.

Comment

If you render out to Open EXR or RPF etc. often or really any image file format... I can't recommend Pdplayer enough, https://www.chaosgroup.com/pdplayer worth every penny, especially if you're trying to scope out animation of what is rendering out as it's happening.

I've had it a while and I wish I had purchased a license years earlier than I did.
                    Last edited by zero-13; 18-07-2019, 04:09 PM. Reason: The usual fixes due to zero proof reading

Comment

Originally posted by zero-13 View Post
                      If you render out to Open EXR or RPF etc. often or really any image file format... I can't recommend Pdplayer enough, https://www.chaosgroup.com/pdplayer worth every penny, especially if you're trying to scope out animation of what is rendering out as it's happening.

I've had it a while and I wish I had purchased a license years earlier than I did.
                      Hmm pdplayer looks very enticing, I will have to see if i can twist my managers arm. Are there any free alternatives you could suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by rudolfb View Post

Hmm pdplayer looks very enticing, I will have to see if i can twist my managers arm. Are there any free alternatives you could suggest?
                        I have not tried it yet but I just found this: http://djv.sourceforge.net

Comment

Working...
                        X