This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Render Elements Set Manager

As a means to help towards compositing and general rendering forensics, i'd like to share a very simple tool.
    In the simplest of ways, it's enough to run it, and press any of the three big square buttons, labelled "Beauty", "Data", and "Forensics"
    They will add the set of REs to accomplish the given task to the scene.
    The elements added, by task, are the following:
    Beauty: #( "VrayBackGround", "VrayDiffuseFilter", "VrayGlobalIllumination", "VrayLighting", "VraySelfIllumination", "VrayShadows", "VraySpecular", "VrayReflection", "VrayReflectionFilter", "VrayRefraction", "VrayRefractionFilter", "VraySSS2", "VrayAtmosphere")
    Data: #("VrayNormalBumpWorld", "VrayPointWorld", "VRayUV", "VrayVelocity")
    Forensics: #( "VraySampleRate", "VrayNoiseLevel", "VrayRenderTime", "VrayLightingAnalysis")

In the default mode, it will also wipe any existing render element, so handle with care on scenes where you'd like to preserve what's there: toggle the appropriate option.
    If for whatever reason the standard, long names bother you, or your compositing app, you can also switch the proper option to generate a short set of names (f.e. DiffFlt, Refl, pntWrld, and so on).

It should be noted the script does NOT modify the scene in any other way: it will not turn a beauty scene into a data one (f.e. switching off lights and such.).
    That part is down to user intent (or scripting ingenuity.)

The script is given as is, without support or guarantee.
    You are welcome to modify it as you please (i added comments where pertinent or not obvious), and reshare with whomever you wish.

Click image for larger version  Name:	UI.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.4 KB ID:	1041244

Attached Files
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 05-07-2019, 04:12 PM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Thank you Lele, saves us a few clicks.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Without having downloaded and trying yet, would you be so kind as to give a list of what is actually being added?
      it would probably help others too to decide if it's worth trying

Thank you for sharing!
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Originally posted by MANUEL_MOUSIOL View Post
        Without having downloaded and trying yet, would you be so kind as to give a list of what is actually being added?
        it would probably help others too to decide if it's worth trying

Thank you for sharing!
        Added in the first post, thanks for the tip!
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Lele, care to share the code that clears all the render elements? I would like to add this to the script I use to clean up all my assets (cleaning tracknodes, animation layers, material editor(s),...) Thank you.
          A.

---------------------
          www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It's simple enough, here:
            re = maxOps.GetCurRenderElementMgr() --store the RE manager in a variable for later reuse
            re.RemoveAllRenderElements() --all done.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
              It's simple enough, here:
              Thanks a bunch
              A.

---------------------
              www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

How exactly do I install it? Is it 3dsMax only or for every host software? many thanks (I'm mainly Maya user)

Comment

It's max-only a script.
                  All you need to do is "script-run script" and point to the downloaded .ms file.

It ought to be trivial for a Maya scripter to replicate it: feel free to pass the script on to whoever may help with that (i'd better not try it myself...).
                  Lele
                  ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Working...
                  X