Orthogonal Rendering - Vray Physical Cam in Vray NEXT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orthogonal Rendering - Vray Physical Cam in Vray NEXT

I've just discovered the vray physical cams dont support orthogonal rendering anymore. Is the only solution to utilize the global render settings? I'd love to render my turntables with perspective AND orthogonal on a "per camera basis". Are you going to implement the feature later on or am i missing any options here?!?

kind regards,
    Rasmus

Physical cameras imitate real-life cameras, hence using them to project orthographically isn't exactly physically possible. You may use the 3ds max native cameras - Target and Free, which have the 'Orthographic Projection' option.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
      Physical cameras imitate real-life cameras, hence using them to project orthographically isn't exactly physically possible. You may use the 3ds max native cameras - Target and Free, which have the 'Orthographic Projection' option.
      Thanks Aleksandar for that workaround. The problem with standard max cams is the lack of physical properties and color filters which would require an extra post production step to get a consitent look with perspective renderings of VrayPhysical cams. My current task is a virtual product turntable, which combines "classic" orthographic views (for precise measurement against a grid) and perspective renderings for authenticity (judging shapes, proportions and overall realism which looks odd in isometric views).

It seems like have to split that one universal task into two specific setups and renderjobs with different cams, or i'll animate the focal length from 45mm to 1000mm+ and have another extra turn for fake-orthographic views.

kind regards,
      Rasmus

Comment

Working...
      X