Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to change FOV of perspective view

Hi all,

Not a vray problem but more a 3Dsmax problem but any help would be greatly appreciated.
    My perspective view FOV in completely out of wack and I cant find out how to reset it, i have tried right clicking on the FOV button to get the menu up but it seems like the option has been removed ?

I swear it was there a few months ago. But anyway the input/ spinner for the field of view apparently is 'hidden' for nitrous view which doesn't make sense to me.

Look at the two screenshots provided at the top (might want to google translate the page if you want to read it).

http://katalproject.ru/publ/3ds_max/...ration/1-1-0-9

EDIT: nevermind I found it. You have to go to the Per View Presets (under the viewport menu where you can choose, High Quality, Standard, DX Mode,...) Then click Per-View Preferences there you will see the FOV.
    Last edited by Vizioen; 08-07-2019, 06:29 AM.
    A.

---------------------
    www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

Originally posted by Vizioen View Post
      I swear it was there a few months ago. But anyway the input/ spinner for the field of view apparently is 'hidden' for nitrous view which doesn't make sense to me.

Look at the two screenshots provided at the top (might want to google translate the page if you want to read it).

http://katalproject.ru/publ/3ds_max/...ration/1-1-0-9

EDIT: nevermind I found it. You have to go to the Per View Presets (under the viewport menu where you can choose, High Quality, Standard, DX Mode,...) Then click Per-View Preferences there you will see the FOV.
      Absolute life saver it's been such a pain working like this all day, looks like they need to update their website with the new location then

Comment

The quickest way to re-set a perspective view is to go to top view, then rotate the view (going into ortho), then hit P.

Comment

Working...
        X