Saving EXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving EXR

I'm trying to master how to output EXR and i can't answer 2 last points.

- Is there's a way to change between Tiled or Scanline for Output EXR ? like with the OpenEXR popup from max saving. How to know witch method is used by default ?

- Is it allow to modify 8/16/32b for layers ? f.e. having a diffuse & matte 16b + ZDepth & PPP 32b in 1 single EXR

Thanks !
    http://tatprod.com/

Add in the vrayoptionRE render element and you'll get scanline / tile options plus data window. You set 32 bit image output in the vray raw output section when you type your filename to render to - in the frame buffer of the render dialog. If you render a 16bit file, zdepth and data passes like samplerinfo are always 32 bit! I don't know if there's any channels that can save 8 bit - that's normally for integer things I think?

Comment

If the memory frame buffer is enabled then V-Ray saves scanline EXR files. If the memory frame buffer is disabled then V-Ray saves (less convenient) tiled EXR files.
      OpenEXR files do not support 8 bit data. They only supports 32-bit integer values (f.e. VRayRenderID), 16-bit half precision floating point values and 32-bit single precision floating point values.
      The precision of floating point channels (16 or 32 bit) may be selected using the "EXR 32-bit output" option in the file selection dialog. There are some channels that use 32-bit precision regardless the global "EXR 32-bit output" selection:
      ZDepth, Cryptomate elements and RaySamplerInfo in point mode are always 32-bit;
      The VRayExtraTex element does have an option to force 32-bit precision;

V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

Working...
      X