Maintaining same exposure when rendering a region

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining same exposure when rendering a region

So...I notice that when I have auto exposure and white balance on I don't get the same exposure when rendering a region of the image. For example if I render the whole image and I see a mistake, I normally fix the problem and re-render the small area that had that problem so I don't have to render the whole seen over again. How do I achieve that?
    Vincent Jaramillo
    Smithgroup
    301 Battery Street
    San Francisco, Ca 94111

Hello,

You can transfer the auto exposure settings after rendering the whole image and then disable it - that way you'll get the same exposure.

Best regards,
    Yavor
    Yavor Rubenov
    V-Ray for 3ds Max developer

Comment

I'd like to add that the new hash map LC is also better suited to rendering crops than the old LC.
      It will require decent sampling (say, 3k subdivs), but then the results will be hardly distinguishable from the full frame.

The only way to 100% ensure matching between crop and full-sized image remains a BF/BF render, however.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

edits to posts seem broken, so let me add it here:

The only way to 100% ensure matching between crop and full-sized image remains a BF/BF render, however.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X