Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray proxy falling over

Hey,
    We are running into some issues using vray deadline and 3ds where proxy are randomly falling over and it is killing us.
    A machine will render 5 frames correctly and then drop the proxy for the next 10 frames.

I believe the issue is less of a vray problem and more to do with our network but am hoping to get some insight or help if anyone has any recommendations.
    The proxies are stored on a qnap centralised server location.
    We use mapped drives rather than UNC paths and I believe this may cause issues, does anyone know if this is the case?

I believe that this is falling over intermittently. The weird thing is that the frame will still render any textures that are in the same location but the vray proxies will fail to render.
    Is there some special reason Vray would do this?
    Is it possible to get Vray to fail to render i.e. generate an error if the vray proxy is not linked succesfully?

In reviewing the log it seems like Vray only keeps the last log for the last frame that was rendered by a machine.
    Is there any way to store a log for each frame individually or to have a log that gets data added to it incrementally?

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Patrick

Exactly the same issue we have here:
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ppear-randomly

I already contacted the support.

Comment

Will stop this thread and post inside of yours

Comment

Working...
      X