Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on 3D Connexion mice and 3DS Max ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on 3D Connexion mice and 3DS Max ?

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to see what peoples thoughts on 3D mice are for use in 3dsmax? I know they are very useful for engineering packages but was wondering if the case is the same for 3dsmax?

Thanks for any help

Had one years ago. It was not very usefull for 3dsMax, because it is way slower then navigating with a mouse.
    https://www.behance.net/Oliver_Kossatz

Comment

I love the navigation but constantly switching to the mouse and keyboard shortcuts makes it kind of hard to use..
      Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
      www.AddYourLight.com
      Always looking to learn, become better and serve better.

Comment

Yeah, I have tried it several times, but ended up putting it into the gimmick pile.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

You must have a very expensive gimmick pile
          Add Your Light LogoCheck out my tutorials, assets, free samples and weekly newsletter:
          www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I figured as much about switching back to the keyboard a lot. I can see it being really useful for the likes of inventor and other parametric softwares but i wasn't so sure for 3dsmax

Comment

Same here, gimmick pile. Although I only have and tried the lower end one.

Comment

I have the expensive version with a lot of buttons and plan on mapping important keyboard ones on there, even ctrl and shift. Maybe I can make it work. But it takes time to experiment, which I barely have.
                www.AddYourLight.com

Comment

I tried one at my previous job of a colleague. It slowed my process by 200%. Horrible experience. I know it takes a while to get used to but I only have 2 hands and the continuous switching between mouse keyboard and 3D mouse is just too cumbersome. Plus I feel I was more precise with my mouse and Orbit around point of interest enabled.
                  Last edited by Vizioen; 12-08-2019, 07:43 AM.
                  A.

---------------------
                  www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

It's nice if you want to move about a lot in 3d space, but otherwise it didn't add anything. We received an expensive one as a gift with a bunch of Autodesk licenses (to use in Revit). Tried it and moving around a project (whether max or revit) was a lot better. Stopped using it after a couple of days at it just gets in the way switching from mouse and back. Left me with an error message for a year when I uninstalled it after doing all kinds to remove the software / reg edits / etc.....New workstation / complete pc harddrive wipe solved it. :S

Comment

Working...
                    X