Alembic in Vray Proxy - Multisub IDs get scrambled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alembic in Vray Proxy - Multisub IDs get scrambled

When I export an Alembic out of Max that has several material IDs then load that into a Vray Proxy object, the IDs get completely out of order. When I import the abc directly it's fine. Is there a way to prevent this?
    Last edited by mitchgates; 16-08-2019, 03:08 PM.

Hello!

What happens is that polygon material IDs are not read directly as values but consecutive IDs are related to them alphabetically in the VRayProxy.
    Unfortunately I cannot suggest a workaround at the moment. I logged a request to handle this better in our bug tracking system (issue number VMAX-8983) and forwarded it to our developers.

Best regards,
    Margarita
    Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
    Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Hello,
      Any updates on this? This is a big problem for us, for example when exporting character animations from cinema4D, and those characters not only have the traditional material ids assigned, but also polygon selections needed inside c4d. When importing in 3dsmax the vrayproxy is automatically assigning ids to everything and screwing the original material ids sent from max.

This is not happening if we import the alembic via 3dsmax's abc importer.

Since you guys are re-writing the vrayproxy, is it possible to fix this issue?

Comment

Hello

The issue mentioned in my previous comment has been fixed a couple of years ago in V-Ray 5.0
        The problem with C4D polygon selections messing up the way ids are read has to be checked separately. If it's still not to late, it's best to send us a simple scene and alembic file using the Help center submit form. Then our developers will be able to properly look into the problem.
        I apologize for the greatly delayed respond.

Best regards,
        Margarita
        Margarita Stoeva | chaos.com
        Chaos QA (V-Ray for 3ds Max)

Comment

Working...
        X