C4d corona to max vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4d corona to max vray

I understand there is now some level of interoperability between corona and vray, however i have a job where a relatively complex shader has been produced in c4d corona, and i have to transfer to vray and 3dsmax. I assume i will just rebuild the shader, and have requested all procedural elements to be baked out as bitmaps.. however if there is a reliable way to translate it, im all ears!

nobody? turns out there are actually about 12 layered shaders, so anything automated would be most appreciated!

Comment

i fear this is not possible to automate (know both produts well)

Comment

VRScene didn't work?
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

ive not tried vrscene yet, i only recieved c4d files this morning. currently downloading c4d demo, corona demos for c4d and max, and maybe ill need vray for c4d too...

anyway i assumed that vrscene would not export corona shaders...or does it?

Comment

No, it won't, but you may have luck converting corona to v-ray within c4d to then transfer it via vrscene in Max.
            Something like this, but reversed.
            Last edited by ^Lele^; 26-08-2019, 05:26 AM.
            Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:
            The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

c4d corona uses native c4d shaders, which vray on c4d can read, but a vrscene file needs all native vray shaders (standalone compatible) to be opened in vray max. so that route wont work i assume

Comment

So the conversion would need to be from c4d to V-Ray, not from Corona, you say?
                Lele
                ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

ok so ive got c4d with corona up and running, and corona demo on max.

thankfully the creator of the scene used only corona shaders (apart from a few c4d "filter" nodes, which appear to be colour correction.) it also turns out a lot of the shaders are identical just with base maps swapped. so its not as painful to rebuild manually as i thought.

my current plan in this case is to manually recreate the shaders in corona max, and then try rendering them in vray. if results are close enough that i can tweak out any differences, then ill go with that.. otherwise i might consider doing this job directly in corona.

one immediate issue i have, is different (i assume) gamma settings between c4d and max. i recreated a single corona material, and colour picked the reflection colour from c4d to use in max. that was the only map used, with diffuse set to 0. other variables were reflection amount (60% in c4d so presumably 0.6 in max) the material shader ball looks totally different. i tried manually typing in the reflection rgb values (which were different between the two) but that gives an even less accurate match.

assuming c4d scene was created with default c4d colour settings... any suggestions how to i replicate those in max?

Comment

Working...
                  X