Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum number of VrayLight dome operating on the same scene

Hello all,

I'm trying to understand how many Vraylight domes can be used at the same time on a scene.
    I have an array of 4 cars: every single car is lit by a different, single dome light with customized HDR (to have the correct reflections), light that excludes the other cars.

In the scene, however, only two dome lights at a time seem to work, the others have no effect: is there a documented limit to the number of dome lights that can work on the scene?

3ds max 2018, V-Ray 3.6x, Win 10 Pro.

Thank in advance for any tip,

Ivan

This is a known issue, which has already been reported to our developers and is on their to-do lists. As a workaround, you may use the standalone application to render out your scene correctly (.vrscene exporter>export and render).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
      This is a known issue, which has already been reported to our developers and is on their to-do lists. As a workaround, you may use the standalone application to render out your scene correctly (.vrscene exporter>export and render).
      Thank you su much Aleksandar, I'll make a try as soon as possible.

I

Comment

Another thing you can do is to control the reflections on a per material basis by plugging your HDRs in the Environment slot of your VRayMtls. This would eliminate the need for multiple dome lights, however, note that you should disable the 'affect reflections' in the light itself (so as not to override the environment reflections).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X