Clear All

• new maxtreme is here but...

there is new maxtreme
    http://nvidia.com/object/maxtreme_7.00.03.html

but I think there is problem with it and selecting vray proxies
    http://www.chaoticdimension.com/foru...ic.php?t=11258
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

woohoo! a version that'll work with viz!!!
    (what's the betting it won't be compatible with viz2006 which ships soon...)

so do you think it's worth installing baring in mind this issue?
    do the good points outweigh the bad?
    when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Installed it a few hours ago (max7 and VRay 1.09.03r), and had no issues so far. Can't see any differences from the old version though. Maybe slightly faster in the viewports, but barely noticeable.
      -Andrew

Andrew Martin Visualisation

Comment

i've just installed it for viz2005 and my viewports are now a much better place - there hasn't been a version for viz since viz4 to my knowledge. nice to have it back.
        when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - hunter s. thompson

Comment

Originally posted by s0real
          i've just installed it for viz2005 and my viewports are now a much better place - there hasn't been a version for viz since viz4 to my knowledge. nice to have it back.
          Yeah, I can imagine! The difference in viewport speed for me when I switched from the Software or DirectX drivers to maxtreme was like upgrading from a Reliant Robin to a Lamborghini.
          -Andrew

Comment

I can't make work enviroment fog. It doesn't work correctly.If fog is set to 100 than all my view is white if set to 50 than it's like there's no fog at all.
            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

lukx, there is a note about that issue in the readme
              You can contact StudioGijs for 3D visualization and 3D modeling related services and on-site training.

Comment

heheh my mistake.
                Luke Szeflinski

Comment

armilla i guess his issue wont be addressed in your case since proxies were not in the 1.09 versions of vray

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Yeah, I must admit it's not like I've done extensive testing whilst using the new maxtreme drivers. Just been doing my everyday stuff at the mo, mainly modelling this week - the fun stuff with vray comes next week! The scene I'm working on is going to have a lot of 3d trees, so I may well be wishing I had proxies! Hmm, time to upgrade methinks.

One thing I have noticed with maxtreme7 is that I can once again select edges in Edit Mesh without having "Triangular Faces" turned on, which was a real drag with the old driver when I had a heavy scene. That may have been something that was peculiar to my machine tho?
                    -Andrew

Comment

Does anyone else notice maxtreme makes the machine hiccup when you try to alt+w to switch viewports?

And I had it crash max a couple times already doing that. Well, at least it seems the selected objects dont go pure white anymore.

Comment

No problem with alt+w here. max actually seems more stable since switching to maxtreme7.

Had some issues with SP1 for max though (not related to vray). When going into Loft sub-object mode to alter the original Shape, as soon as I clicked on vertex, segment or spline, max just crashed to the desktop. It was a real pain in the arse, so I've ditched SP1 for now. Posted it on the Discreet forum, and several others seem to have encountered the same issue. Anyone here noticed it?

Sorry, wandered a bit off topic there.
                        -Andrew

Comment

This looks intresting! :P

I'm not familliar with fog, can someone explain this to me in a nutshell?

Also I'm not having any luck setting this as my driver in the viewport setting. I'm on VIZ 2005 and using XP. ---Should I be seeing this under the custom tab under 'choose driver'?
                          Bret

Comment

i have a 6800 softmodded to quadro 4000 with all vertex and pixel units enabled.
                            i can install and use maxtreme but its slower than direct 3d.

is it also slower with "real" quadros?
                            or do you use it because of the additional features like AA or fog?
                            Reflect, repent and reboot.
                            Order shall return.

Comment

Does anyone have any problems with viewports not refresheing. I need to refresh manually all the time. As soon as I closes a window or have multiple max-sessions open I need to refresh when I switch apps. Very disturbing!!

I guess its a setting somewhere but I cant find it.

Please help if someone has a solution!
                              Peter Brauner
                              VFX Artist
                              Effektfabriken
                              http://www.effektfabriken.se/

Comment

Working...
                              X