Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Script command for enabling/disabling DR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script command for enabling/disabling DR?

Is there a script command in Max that I can use to enable or disable distributed rendering? I searched this page in the help documents, but I couldn't find a command for it.
    Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
    AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Hi Alex

you can type:
    Code:
    show renderers.current
    This will spit out ALL the properties for the current renderer. This is typically all the settings you will find in the render dialog specific to the current renderer. In this case we hope its V-Ray

It will show a list of things, each starting with a DOT. So in this case the thing we're looking for from that list is:
    Code:
    .system_distributedRender : boolean
    The bit after the colon: in this case "boolean" is the type of input it expects. Boolean is either on or off, 0 or 1, it can't have any other value. In maxscript this is either true or false

So then we showed the properties of our renderer "renderers.current".
    To the assign something you take that bit, and add the bit to the end of it from the list ".system_distributedRender", and for the ": boolean" part, is where you assing what it should be
    In our case we want to switch it on so it would be:
    Code:
    renderers.current.system_distributedRender = true

...or to switch it off it would be:
    Code:
    renderers.current.system_distributedRender = false
    You can also get the current state of it, by not assigning anything and just typing the 1st bit like so:
    Code:
    renderers.current.system_distributedRender

Max can also sometimes be fussy and not always show the change in the UI even though it did do the change you told it (if you type a renderer command while the render dialog is option). Sometimes it updates the UI while it's open, sometimes not. I find it easier to just close the dialog before typing anything. You can open the dialog afterwards again to confirm the commands were accepted, if you wish
    Last edited by Morne; 02-11-2019, 06:09 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Comment

Very detailed and thorough. Thanks so much, Morne .This did the trick!
      Last edited by Alex_M; 02-11-2019, 08:10 AM.
      Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1 ( 6.20.06 )
      AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core | 64GB DDR5 RAM 6400 Mbps | MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X 24GB | GPU Driver 551.86 | NVMe SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | Win 10 Pro x64 22H2

Comment

Working...
      X