Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to random color by poly element via Proxy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to random color by poly element via Proxy?

I have this alembic loaded via vrayProxy with 5 Material IDs. My question is, on the polys with mat ID 2, how can i random color those with ID 2? I tried every possibility with vraymultisubtex and nothing works in this case. If only we had a "random by element" that would work in this case...

Any help?

Can you show me an image? I'm not sure I understand correctly. While there is no "random by element" option for the proxies (and probably there won't be soon), if you have separate objects, they should have separate material IDs and you should be able to randomize them.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It's a single alembic containing a crowd simulation (from Houdini) with 5 IDs, 4 for clothes and 1 for hair. I wanted to have random textures or colors only for the hair, which has a matID of 2. Right now i couldn't find a way to do this, even with Max's new OSL maps.

Right now the only solution we've found is to add extra IDs for each part inside Houdini, which isn't very practical but it works for now.

Having a "random by element" would be a very nice addition to the multisubtex in the future.
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried using a multitexture map?
        A.

---------------------
        www.digitaltwins.be

Comment

I downloaded it and tried an no success... it's still by material ID

Comment

I've used a Corona multimap for something similar. Has an 'by instance' option for randomization. The vray mutlisubtex requires them to be vray instances for this to work I believe.

Comment

I was looking into another post which led me to looking at a Railclone feature which seems to do exactly this, although I'm unsure whether it'll work in this situation.
              Here is the page - I hope it helps....unless you already sussed another method of course.
              https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/stadium4
              https://www.behance.net/bartgelin

Comment

Working...
              X