Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsMax material editor: Library loading times, due to cross render engine libraries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsMax material editor: Library loading times, due to cross render engine libraries

I use both Vray and Corona.

I have my libraries load in by default in to the 3ds max material/map library browser, so they are there when I start a new scene. It loads in both Vray and Corona Libraries when I go to browse them regardless of the render engine selected.

The load times for the libraries are awful as I assume its generating a thumbnail for each material in the library. This may cause issues if the material is not specific to the render engine selected and cause long library load times?

Is there a way to better manage this?
    Last edited by DanSHP; 16-12-2019, 05:04 AM.

The thumbnail rendering is most likely the cause of the slowdown, especially if you have complex materials in your libraries i.e. a lot of (large) image maps, a lot of multi/sub-object materials with a lot of sub-materials, incorrect pathing, nested maps in nested maps, etc. You may disable the thumbnail rendering (Slate material editor>Options>Enable global rendering) and manually update each material (Edit>Update selected previews), however, that may be tedious.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 16-12-2019, 09:13 AM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X