Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Visible to Camera" Not casting shadows

Hi All,

Got a bit of a problem where I am compositing a product into an image and I'm trying to simulate the shadows the product would get from the wall its on.
    I put a plane behind the object for the "wall" and when i render i can see shadows until i turn off "visible to camera" option so the plane is not in the render but then the shadows disappear ? ( I'm using vray shadows element so i can tell if the shadows are there or not)
    Im using one Dome light with HDRI and an extra plane light

Any help would be appreciated

This does not seem to work in other renderers as well. If you wish to keep the shadows, but not the plane itself, maybe it would be better to set the plane as a 'shadow catcher' via the object properties (Shadow catcher toolbar shortcut) or with a VRayWrapperMtl (Matte, Matte for refl/refr, Alpha -1, Shadows, Affect alpha).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by aleksandar.hadzhiev View Post
      This does not seem to work in other renderers as well. If you wish to keep the shadows, but not the plane itself, maybe it would be better to set the plane as a 'shadow catcher' via the object properties (Shadow catcher toolbar shortcut) or with a VRayWrapperMtl (Matte, Matte for refl/refr, Alpha -1, Shadows, Affect alpha).
      Thanks for getting back to me, I will give it a go and report back. I always assumed the point of the "visible to Camera" toggle was so that you can just have the shadows but not the object.

Comment

Working...
      X