Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please - Interior and Exterior Light Setup in one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please - Interior and Exterior Light Setup in one?

I am trying to successfully light an interior and exterior shot in one. The trick is that I need to get the nice effect of light coming into the windows and making a nice gradient effect on the ceiling. I guess usually I put a vray light at each window, but that really only works on views that are interior only. I have also tried using the vray light dome, but when I make this bright enough for the interior, it makes the exterior too bright. Any suggestions for a setup? The only way that works for me is to just use a direct sun light and lights on the inside with skylight, but it doesn't show a nice effect of light entering the windows.
    Thanks
    Andrew Ness

[/img]

hi,

the color mapping in max is animatable
    in the real world, you wouldnt expect to have similar exposures inside and outside of the room - why should it work in your scene?

(try to shoot a properly exposed image indoor and use the same settings outdoor to see what i mean...)

some time ago i did a test with animated color correction - this comes close to the auto exposure that video cameras do in these situations
    try to get a good indoor lighting, and if you go outside, animate the color correction to account for the higher brightness

cya,

Mike

Comment

Wow cool tip. Im guessing this doesnt work in viz2005 though

Comment

i'm doing it by using completely fake lighting. like pseudo-sunlight and indoor lighting simultaniously. i prefer it because i can do interiour and exteriour shots with the same settings and i also believe it has a more artistic edge than real exteriour lighting with the unavoidable, and most of the time ugly, black windows.
        you can see some simple pre-viz pics on the website in my signature.
        Marc Lorenz
        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
        www.marclorenz.com
        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by paulison
          Wow cool tip. Im guessing this doesnt work in viz2005 though
          no exposure control in viz2005?
          thought it was based on max6?
          or is it just static?

Comment

Working...