Lighting analysis - accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting analysis - accuracy

I've been asked by my bosses (building/ architecture industry) to look into using the Light analysis tools in vray to support various areas of planning and building regulations - some rely on manual calculations on Illuminance levels on interior floor areas, but the accuracy is relied on to a degree of legal assurance within any caveats i might give.

As a tool, producing lux levels for areas of specific rooms on plan i've got my head around, but what i'm struggling to do is find any supporting evidence that gives an idea to the accuracy of the numbers i'm producing. I'm aware that it will in a good part be down to the accuracy of my model, the textures and lighting i'm using, but I can't really support the accuracy of the calculations that Vray does. Is anyone able to give me a little direction here?

This article should shed light on the matter:
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...Relevance+Test
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

That, and some more stuff we have planned, but never got around to complete.
      It was semi-planned for this summer, alas, now things are a bit up in the air.
      matanov can likely confirm this and expand on it, or not. :P
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yes, Lele is right, it was planned for this summer with additional tests for lighting coming through glass that we have spectral data for. Unfortunately, now we can't promise anything until the whole Covid19 situation clears up.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X