3dsMax 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vlado View Post
    We are working on updating the viewport code for the V-Ray materials so yes, we will support this at some point soon.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Vlado, will that include support for all the many OSL shaders? And what about the 3ds max Physical Material? It would be nice to see either some compatability with this material or an update to the vray material to include a similar variety of presets.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_M View Post

I bet another +10% higher upgrade cost for perpetual licenses compared to last year... as per usual. I just hope Chaos hurries up with the release of Vray for Blender 2.8x.
      so agree with you !!!
      (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

Originally posted by justini View Post

Vlado, will that include support for all the many OSL shaders? And what about the 3ds max Physical Material? It would be nice to see either some compatability with this material or an update to the vray material to include a similar variety of presets.
        All OSL work with VRay already. VRayGPU is different story. IAFAIK, No GUP renderer has complete support for OSL because OSL is CPU based.
        VRay also already can render Physical material. It is just slower. But, Vlado said he will make it faster.

Comment

Can VrayHDRI loader adjust the vertical height of the HDRI the same way the new OSL HDRI loader can? It appears to work without any cropping. That's nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CityWrecker View Post
            Can VrayHDRI loader adjust the vertical height of the HDRI the same way the new OSL HDRI loader can? It appears to work without any cropping. That's nice.
            Why not just use the OSL map? It is fully compatible with VRay.

Comment

Is it possible to install the vray next 2020 release for max 2021?

Comment

Originally posted by dreidesign View Post
                Is it possible to install the vray next 2020 release for max 2021?
                Yes, just uncheck uninstall previous version and point to 2021 folder.

Comment

I just got off a call with our reseller. They said that the upgrade to Max 2021 will cost us another +20% more per license compared to last year. LOL! "Thanks", Autodesk for showing your true colors and making the lives of your long time clients (we've been one for 10 years now) "easier" in hard times. When most other companies and people make concessions by freezing and even offering promotional prices to loyal long-term clients in the current unprecedented global situation, you're always there to jack them up instead. I've "never" doubted that you have our best interest at heart! I really think you should spend our money on a new mega yacht rather than better software development. Treat yourself, you deserve it!
                  Aleksandar Mitov
                  www.renarvisuals.com
                  office@renarvisuals.com

3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Vray 6 Update 2.1
                  AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                  64GB DDR5
                  GeForce RTX 3090 24GB + GPU Driver 551.86

Comment

When most other companies and people make concessions by freezing and even offering promotional prices to loyal long-term clients in the current unprecedented global situation
                    which companies are offering the promo prices?

e: info@adriandenne.com
                    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

We've received such from Affinity Photo and BricsCAD.
                      Aleksandar Mitov
                      www.renarvisuals.com
                      office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                      64GB DDR5

Comment

It's how Autodesk works !
                        make money.... nothing else really matters
                        (Sorry for my bad english)

Comment

When I open old scenes I get a ParamBlock2 error. It seems to relate to berconmaps/tile. When I remove the plugin, the old scenes start normally.
                          Anyone else got that issue?

Comment

Does anyone have problem saving in 3dsmax 2021. in 2020 when clicking ctrl+s it was saving in the background now in 2021 it always open save window. How to make it save in background?
                            Luke Szeflinski
                            :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Works fine here. You can assign the proper hotkey again through the "Hotkey Editor" in "Customize".
                              Aleksandar Mitov
                              www.renarvisuals.com
                              office@renarvisuals.com

AMD Ryzen 7950X 16-core
                              64GB DDR5

Comment

Works fine here. You can assign the proper hotkey again through the "Hotkey Editor" in "Customize".
                                Hotykey is assigned correctly but whenever I hit ctr+s the saving file window is opening and it's not saving in the background.
                                Luke Szeflinski
                                :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Working...
                                X