Vray sun shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray sun shadows

Is there a way to turn off vray sun shadows? Turning off 'cast atmospheric shadows' doesnt do it, nor excluding objects from shadow casting. What I want to do is use the lighting and shadows from a hdr image while still using vray sun to fine tune lighting. But trying to align shadows from both sources can be a time consuming endeavor...

You could use a simple max directional light for the purpose, adjusting its color and multiplier.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Yeah, I know. I was just wondering why there was no options to turn off the sun's shadows. But thanks for responding nonetheless!

Comment

The sun often plays with a sky map, turning shadows off for one would have to be propagated to the other (a dome, if one's lucky. If it's in the env slot, one can't.), and in any event given the model's intensities, without shadows the scene would blow up in light.
        That's why -i think- it has no option to do so.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X