Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Ray Next Update 3 hotfix 2 available for download (Next 3.2) BUT only for Max 2016 and above

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Ray Next Update 3 hotfix 2 available for download (Next 3.2) BUT only for Max 2016 and above

A real shame that support for 2014 and 2016 has been dropped, yet there was no mention of it here

https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...nload-next-3-2

Sorry Andy, our licenses for 2016 and below expired and Autodesk doesn't support those versions anymore. We surely can provide builds for those, but they won't be tested and verified, which is not nice.... If you really need a build we can always send you unofficially, at your own risk
    If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
    Chaos

Comment

To be honest I never considered that side of things, I just imagined it was much like the majority of products, where you reach the point , eventually, where like Windows 7, support eventually ends and life moves on.. Obviously while I have very few if any problems with V-Ray Next, at least none that I am aware of, there is at this point little reason for me to want to update it as such...

I guess at some stage upgrading to a newer version of Max will eventually come, but for now, I am happy to stick to what I have.. Hell I'm 60 in December, so as long as the kit I have and the software I use, still work just fine and if necessary I can repair / reinstall stuff, then at least for now, I am more than happy to stick with whatever I have.

Anyway thanks for clearing that up, as I said, I never even considered it as a licensing issue and Autodesk no longer supporting it and thanks for the offer of a possible unofficial release, but while V-Ray and Max are working very happily together, at least for me, I don't think I would be wiling to risk it.

Thanks again and of course I shall still be here, checking up on the latest stuff.. and if I ever get to build a new super computer, with RTX graphics and whatever the latest super fast processor is, I shall certainly be giving Vray Next and maybe even Lavina a try.

Keep up the great work, take care and stay safe

Comment

Thank you for the kind words!

Matter of fact we do have a DCC support policy depending on the V-Ray version, but this is not the case here.
        If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
        Chaos

Comment

Working...
        X