Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3dsMax 2021 - Bake to Texture. VrayTotalLight did not work...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsMax 2021 - Bake to Texture. VrayTotalLight did not work...

Hello,

I tested today Max2021 "bake to texture" with Vray (installed both fresh today).

But VrayTotalLight renders black (I also compared with the renderlement, which worked).
    What could be the reason?
    My scene is lit by a domelight.

And is there maybe planned a renderelement to bake all lights? This would be really usefull...

Thanks

I just tested baking to texture with VRayTotalLighting and a dome light and it seems to be working fine, Could you attach the scene here or send it to support@chaosgroup.com, mentioning this thread, along with your V-Ray version so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, I have sent it now by email.
      Many thanks...

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. After a bit of testing, it seems the issue is caused by a mismatch in units. Since you are using a displacement map directly plugged in the shader, the displacement settings are set through the Default Displacement options. Turning off the "relative to bbox" option seems to resolves the issue. I presume the flattened object's bounding box has no thickness, hence produces unexpected results, however, I need to speak with our developers for clarification.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X