Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to disable the cone grid by default or by hotkey, when creating a vray camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable the cone grid by default or by hotkey, when creating a vray camera?

Hi,
    I always get this "cone" when I am creating a vray camera. and every time I need to manually disable it.

Is there maybe a hotkey or any other trick to do this quickly? Or a preference possible to disable by default?

Vray Suggestion:
    It should be never visible, when looking through the camera.
    This makes no sense at all.

Thanks

You can disable it by changing the 'Show Cone' mode (VRayPhysicalCamera>Basic & Display) to 'Never'.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I know this. I thought about a default setting, to not have to do this for each new camera once again.
      When I have a certain task coming repeatedly (I visited this "Show/hide cone" menu like 1000 times), I am thinking each time how it could be easier.

Comment

Here is a script you can bind to a hotkey. The script switches the 'Show Cone' option from Selected to Never and vice versa on the selected camera. Drag and drop the code from the script editor to a toolbar (it automatically creates a button), afterward edit the button (right-click>Edit Macro Script) and rename it (default should be "Macro1"), afterward open the hotkey editor (Customize>Hotkey Editor), find the button and assign it to a key.

Code:
            s=$.show_camera_cone
            s
            if s<2 then $.show_camera_cone=2 else $.show_camera_cone=1
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by BeneZ View Post
          It should be never visible, when looking through the camera.
          This makes no sense at all.
          In fact, it does make sense, as it partitions the view and makes alignment easier (modern cameras all offer this, in one fashion or the other.).
          If anything, i'd love for it to be expanded with more "grid" types: thirds, golden spiral, and so on.
          And definitely stay active by default.

The only way you have to change the default is to create a maxscript plugin of the physcam, and disable the cone in the creation section of the plugin code.
          You'd then however have to ensure you created the camera always from the plugin you made, and never (thereby losing a host of features) f.e. from the toolbar icon.
          It's unfortunately the way Max is.

However, you should not need to keep changing it a million times, either: within the single Max session, create the first camera, set its options (including cone), and any other camera created thereafter will respect those options unerringly.
          Notice you should *not* create the camera from the toolbar, but rather from the creation panel for this to work.
          Lele
          Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
          ----------------------
          emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
          The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Many thanks, especially for the script I will check all that out.

Comment

Working...
            X