getting error message in vrayspawner log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting error message in vrayspawner log

i get an error message in the vray spawner log when trying to DR.

The message reads : could not open ini file

Also when strip rendering with backburner i get an error message loading strips.

i have a new workstation and only one other, i think everything is networked ok.

i have gone through some tutorials, does anyone have any ideas

thanks

How exactly do you attempt to start dr? Make sure all the installation files are on their places.
    Best Regards,
    Tisho

Comment

I have checked the installation files on both machines.

I am running a 6 mth old dual opteron 2GB sp1 and a new single P4 2GB sp2.

I am able to strip render between the two machines with backburner however I need to ps the files together.

I am able to share docs and can ping both machines. I have an adsl router.

The process I go through to attempt DR is as follows:

1. load vrayspawner.exe on the new workstation, vraydummy opens.

2. on old machine open max7, open file on shared dir

3. check DR press settings IP address is active

4. render

5. save file as

The render window shows two buckets with the 0.0.0.0 (the opterons)

I get an error message saying "warning render host failed"

The scene continues to render on the render client, but the server isnt working

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Comment

OK you are doing everything correctly. Does the P4 box have HT enabled? Try playing with that one if it does/doesn't. Check if the P4 box has the windows firewall enabled and disable it. Check also the opteron machine for firewalls. Do you have any antivirus on both machines running? If any of these don't work, re-install VRay on both machines and try again. If again the problem persists, the last thing I would do is to uninstall SP2 on the P4 box. Ah, is your max70 installed (and not copied) to both boxes?
        Best Regards,
        Tisho

Comment

Thanks TishoChaos I will try your sugggestions and let you know how i go...

Comment

Working...
          X