Refraction anisotropic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refraction anisotropic

am confronting a case where i need a sphere to be refracted behind a basic refractive plane with a strong refraction glossiness

but i want the sphere to only be refracted by the z axis

something like what the anisotropic does with reflection glossiness but in refraction

can anyone help me achieve this result in any way ?

i would imagine a horizontal finely striped bump map would work? maybe on the back face if you still require flat reflections.

Comment

unfortunately the result would be very hard to control

Comment

well a procedural map (gradient ramp or similar) on a simple plane, with IPR while setting up is probably not too hard to tweak id have thought..? given there are no anisotropy controls for refraction it seems the only option.

Comment

Yeah i think so it could work
          but an option for that effect would very appreciated

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	ANISOTROPIC REFRACTION.JPG Views:	1 Size:	141.5 KB ID:	1071831
            ainisotropic refraction.rar

that took like 3 mins to set up. uses a bitmap of stripes made from a tiled gradient ramp. i found the procedural map didnt work as expected, but that could be a limitation of the ipr renderer.

you can control the blur strength with the bump map spinner - it needs some large values.

max 2018 file attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

as mentioned if you need clear reeflections youd probably need to either add a coat material, or use the "bumpy" material on the back face only. have a play!

Comment

that looks amazing !!
                i am trying to achieve it without luck

and the attached file won't download for some reason

Comment

if you send me a pm with an email address ill send you the file. for some reason i cant download it either.. some site error.

Comment

Working...
                  X