Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strugling with photometric lights / Vraylights /VraylightMTL

Hi guys!

I've been strugling for quite some time now with interior lighting. Somehow it does not do what it suppose to do (or at least showing the result im trying to get )

First of all i tried to use a Vraylightmtl on a diffuse lamp, but somehow there seems to appear strange reflection of "ghost"lamps ( Looks like a reflection of another reflection but where is the first reflection) Does this sound farmilliar to anybody?

After that i changed my diffuse lamp into a concrete fixture an put a photometric light in it. The fixture is a simple editmesh (open top) with a shell as modifier for thickness, so the model is closed.

Distribution is isotropic ( i dont prefer spotlight ), as you can see below the light shines through the fixture. Does it have something to do with the intensity ? Hope somebody can help me on this one. Some advice would also be great. This is my first interior with fixtures like these. I also tried a Vraylight (one direction, up) but it was also leaking

Version 1.46.10
    AA: QMC (min/max 1/4, noise threshold: 0,002)
    1st: irra (high)
    2nd: lc (1250)

modelling is done in autocad, concrete fixture in max.
    (btw.. dont mind the elevator stainless steel-mat. it has been replaced )

the ? on the left is the reflection of the light on wall to the left of it bouncing off the tiles on the wall to the right of it. if that makes sence. its the light that you dont see in the shot since its around the corner

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf
      the ? on the left is the reflection of the light on wall to the left of it bouncing off the tiles on the wall to the right of it. if that makes sence. its the light that you dont see in the shot since its around the corner
      Looks like a typical Vray blotch to me! Try turning off GI refractive & reflective caustics & see if that makes them go away. That usually works for me when I get white spots like that.

As for your other problem with the light leak, I'm not sure. Maybe try 'check sample visibility' in the irradience map settings.
      Tim Nelson
      timnelson3d.com

Comment

Working...
      X