Vray 5 Blom/Glare and other controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 Blom/Glare and other controls

I'm just now using the new vray5. I can't seem to locate the controls that were at the bottom of the frame buffer in Vray next. The buttons that would open bloom/glare, Exposure and etc controls. Where are those now accessed?

I see the controls for the Lens Effects. I still cannot find the controls for exposure, adding a background image and etc that were previously all opened by toggling buttons along the bottom of the VFB

Also - I can't seem to find how to access the new preset materials? I have tried looking for online help docs but that does not seem to be available yet for Vray5?
    Last edited by OPEN_RANGE; 17-06-2020, 08:29 AM.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Max 2023.3.4 | Vray 6 update 2 | Win 10

Core i7 6950 | GeForce RTX 2060 | 64 G RAM

hmm funny forum behaivour. trouble with log in. can add this reply but cannot edit post above. Anyway - I found the Vray5 help docs- but cannot find the answers to the questions above in the docs.
    mark f.
    openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Presets are in the Basic parameters rollout in VRayMtl - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...RayMtl-presets

The new structure in VFB2 is based on layers, so when you need something - add a layer - https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VMAX/Layers
      If it was that easy, it would have already been done

Peter Matanov
      Chaos

Comment

Thanks Peter. I now understand the use of the VFB2 Layers. I also now find the presets.

I am still a bit confused about th enew features that include :
        MATERIAL MANAGER

Efficiently browse from a library of over 500 render-ready materials including metals, glass, wood and more.

Is there some library I can access with al lthese over 500 materials?

Thanks!
        mark f.
        openrangeimaging.com

Comment

In the V-Ray Toolbar https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VMAX/Toolbar there is a 4 colored balls icon which opens the Asset Browser https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+Asset+Browser

Peter Matanov
          Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post
            In the V-Ray Toolbar https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/VMAX/Toolbar there is a 4 colored balls icon which opens the Asset Browser https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...+Asset+Browser
            Thanks Peter. Is there a maxscript or other place to start the asset browser? I was wondering about a second way to trigger it for the case where I have a customer that does not use the toolbar, or wants a hotkey for the asset browser.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3d_cg View Post

Thanks Peter. Is there a maxscript or other place to start the asset browser? I was wondering about a second way to trigger it for the case where I have a customer that does not use the toolbar, or wants a hotkey for the asset browser.

Jim
              We will add a button in the Rendering menu as well. There is also a maxscript command:
              Code:
              vrayShowAssetBrowser()

Peter Matanov
              Chaos

Comment

Originally posted by slizer View Post

We will add a button in the Rendering menu as well. There is also a maxscript command:
                Code:
                vrayShowAssetBrowser()
                excellent, thanks - appreciate the tip, I'll set up a hotkey to pop up this great set of prebuilt materials.

Comment

Peter, thanks for pointing all that out. It's all super great. The forum log in is all out of whack. very difficult to post this reply. has been that way fro past several days. thnaks so much for your help
                  mark f.
                  openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Originally posted by OPEN_RANGE View Post
                    Peter, thanks for pointing all that out. It's all super great. The forum log in is all out of whack. very difficult to post this reply. has been that way fro past several days. thnaks so much for your help
                    Sure About the log in problems, can you try with different browsers?

Peter Matanov
                    Chaos

Comment

Was using Firefox most current version on desktop when having the troubles . I would log in and then go to this thread then have to log in again. Then click to reply and have to log in again. Then submit reply and have to log in again to achieve that. Often I would get kicked back to square one and then sequence began again. Frustrating.

Using Safari on iPad for this reply and not having any of those troubles.

Thanks again for getting me jump started on where and how to find those new features. A great bunch of stuff and I’m using it on a new project that I just started. I have signed up for the webinar on Tuesday to get more info about all this new features.
                      mark f.
                      openrangeimaging.com

Comment

Working...
                      X