Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vRay 5 Light Cache: camera path and Fly-through mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vRay 5 Light Cache: camera path and Fly-through mode?

We usually render our interiors using a precalculated light cache with Fly-through mode. Now this option is gone. So we now have to render LC for each frame, right? It is less efficient in my opinion.

EDIT:
    our worflow for camera Fly-through interior animations:

1. Precalculate LC (Fly-thhrough mode)
    2. Load precalculated LC and render IRR in multiframe incremental mode (every 7-25 frames)
    3. Load precalculated LC and IRR and send renderjob to backburner.

What is the new solution for non moving objects animations (just camera fly-through)?
    Last edited by luminancestudio; 07-07-2020, 07:47 AM.
    www.luminancestudio.pl

The same as for moving object and deforming geo: from default settings, select the animation preset for the LC, and render.
    It's not slower, as it can be distributed, it doesn't need recalculation of the sequence if any issue crops up, and it allows for the adaptive technologies to work.

Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thank you Lele. Just to be sure - is this solution correct for backburner rendering with several nodes? Can backburner rendernodes share their IRR calculations with each other on the fly? Or this solution is for vRay distributed rendering only?

Can you please tell me which solution will be the fastest/most correct?

SOLUTION A:
      Animation with moving camera only
      Backburner rendering with several render nodes

1. LC set to animation preset, IRR set to single frame
      2. Sending job to backburner

SOLUTION B:
      Backburner rendering with several render nodes

1. LC set to animation preset,
      2. IRR set to multiframe incremental and precalculate.
      3. Load IRR from file, LC set to animation preset and sending job to backburner.
      Thus, for each frame, each render node will calculate LC and then load the precalculated IRR map. Then render the frame.

SOLUTION C:
      vRay Distributed rendering with several render nodes

1. LC set to animation preset, IRR set to single frame

www.luminancestudio.pl

Comment

The LC isn't distributed, so solution A is likely the quickest.
        The thing with the IRMap in single frame mode, however, is that you will *always* end up with some bubbling, and that is why we suggest to use the more expensive, but also fire-and-forget, BF as primary method.
        The IRMap should be avoided if at all possible (you'd lose access to LPEs, and possibly some other future tech), and *absolutely* never used in any of the animation modes (that will create a mess with adaptive lights and dome.).
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

yes, I prefer LC + BF fire-and-forget solution, but sometimes we don't have enough time, and the projects is less demanding when it comes to quality.

Thank you for clarification this topic, the new vRay 5 is absolutely amazing btw
          www.luminancestudio.pl

Comment

Working...
          X