Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArchiCAD to MAX files

Hi guys,
    anyone here using these? I have clients who often send me *.3ds files from ArhiCAD and the materials are rather jumbled up. I usually attach all the objects into one so I can access all the materials in multisub...otherwise I would have to pick them one by one. If I do that though I get so many polys, none welded of course. So not sure what is the best workflow for this.

Yesterday I received a file with 4 3-4 story buildings and when I clicked vray scene converter it took about half an hour to convert! So I'm thinking there are so many materials there! Also it's sooo slow to work with these files. Not sure if my SSDs are too full (75%) or is it the latest Windows update but lately my 2 yo PC is getting really slow. Maybe it's also due to these imported files. Like if I merge an object from an outside file it takes about a minute to import, no matter what kind of object I'm importing.

Thanks
    www.hrvojedesign.com

To transfer files from ArchiCAD to 3ds Max, it is best to use the Din3D Export-Import Plugin: https://din3d.org/
    But this requires that your clients also use this plugin when exporting a model from ArchiCAD for you.
    V-RayMax Converter PRO
    MAXTools

Comment

Great! Thanks, we'll try that!
      www.hrvojedesign.com

Comment

Working...
      X