Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up DR over a 2 computer network.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up DR over a 2 computer network.

Hi all,

I am trying to setup DR in Max 6 and Vray 1.47.03 Advanced.

I have my main workstation and my laptop and the network for them works fine with all the folders sharing fine.
    I ticked the DR rendering box under the Vray System dialog and when I hit render a dialog opens up asking me to save the scene, which I answer yes to and then the Rendering dialog opens and it says transforming vertices, the rendering bar fills up and then nothing. No change in the Vray frame buffer, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Do all the folders that contain maps and so forth for the scene, do they have to be on the laptop as well, not just shared across the network?

Please help. This is my first attempt at setting up DR.

Thanks,

rpc212
    rpc212
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"DR or Die!"

did you add the render nodes in the distributed rendering dialog?

you have to enter the ip of all the computers you want to use (minus the one you are starting the render from)

Comment

"did you add the render nodes in the distributed rendering dialog?"

Yep.

Thanks,

rpc212
      rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

did you start vrayspawner on renderslave machine?

Comment

Shared files is fine. If you are really concerned - use the bitmap collector and put all of the files in the root of the folder with the model.

Sounds like you have turned off the "render final image" in the vray globals..... I have made that mistake before too.
          www.studio2a.co

Comment

Hi,

No, "render final image" in the vray globals is on. I wish it was that simple a fix.

Yes, the VraySpawner is started on the renderslave machine.

I am still at stage 1 of not having DR work. I don't understand as my computers are networked no problem but Vray DR is just not working? I have followed all the steps in the Help file but alas it won't work.

I get only two buckets rendering (I'm using a P4 HT processor) in the Vray Frame Buffer making up the whole image well below the resolution I choose in the Vray Frame Buffer roll out as per this image below:

Vray Frame Buffer

Max Frame Buffer

Why is the Vray Frame Buffer only rendering two buckets whereas the max frame buffer renders out the whole image. Weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

rpc212
            rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

i thought vfb had problems with DR or backburner or something i forget

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hi,

Really Da_elf, I didn't know that. So only use the Max FB for DR. Even when I do that, DR still doesn't work. I am using a super simple scene too. Hopefully Chaos will clear this up as there are others having this issue as well.

rpc212
                rpc212

"DR or Die!"

Comment

Working...
                X