Filename Tokens in VFB Saves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filename Tokens in VFB Saves?

Is there a way to get VRay to use some sort of filename token (like %scenename% or %filename, etc.) when writing out the VrImg (or EXR) files from the VFB FrameBuffer settings? I'd like to be able to always put those files into a folder based on the scenename. This is how we setup our normal renders, but that does not change the names written from the VFB FrameBuffer. We need to use these savers in order to do post process denoising withe the standalone tool.

Thanks.

There aren't such tokens for the VFB output, I'm afraid. You can manually do this via MaxScript, however.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Max doesn't offer tokens of any type in paths, nor it supports literals or operation in spinners (unlike nigh anyone else.).
      As Alex pointed out, you can do this easily enough via scripting, however.

"maxfilename", "maxfilepath", and such will provide you for the base for the names, and the property ".output_rawFileName" for the "renderers.current" object will be the string to write to.
      You may use a simple UI to fill stuff in on button, or use a pre-render script to set it up automatically.
      Lele
      Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
      ----------------------
      emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
      The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

I stand corrected: You can do so via scene states. Then you have tokens, albeit not for the raw file output of V-Ray.
        Here.
        Last edited by ^Lele^; 30-11-2020, 07:30 AM.
        Lele
        ----------------------

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lele^ View Post
          "maxfilename", "maxfilepath", and such will provide you for the base for the names, and the property ".output_rawFileName" for the "renderers.current" object will be the string to write to.
          ^Lele^
          This is great. Thanks. Do you know the property name for the filename under the Separate Render Channels portion of the Frame Buffer Settings? We should be able to update that form our Net Rendering script.

Comment

My answer here is slightly longer than you'd have expected because the split bitmap saver isn't a simple string like the raw saver, but a max save bitmap dialog, which requires some -odd- workaround.
            There's a nice thread about saving from the split here (with a macroscript, courtesy of M.Max .).

You can inspect any object in max with the command "show()"
            For example, with V-Ray set as renderer:
            "Show renderers.current"
            will print all the readable and writeable properties.

​​​​​​​Feel free to poke me via email should you need more specifics.

Lele
            ----------------------

Disclaimer:

Comment

Yeah, that is pretty weird. So you have to make a temp file with the same name as the filename?

The show() command is useful, but doesn't include all the useful commentary of a Lele post

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X