Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributed rendering missing maps

hello,
    plz dont get pissed but i did do a search on this and havent come out with a specific answer to my problem:
    maps are missing when i dist. render on my 2 machines.

I have the files on share in the client comp and have resource collected and have all files in one directory. The client renders fine but the server does not recognize the maps and renders the models without maps.

How do i get the server to see the maps? where do i input the path for them from the server comp? if its in the customize configuration paths then i must be doing something wrong coz its in there.
    im using v1.46.12 with max6

tia

you have to have the maps on both machines mate,in the same location.same with plug-ins.

Comment

im getting problems now with 1.47.03 !!!!
      servers coming back as black buckets.....

all works fine with 1.46.15

Comment

my method of doing this is to have all my projects and maps etc on my main computer stored on my work drive which i title drive F:/ on the slave computer i have a mapped network drive which i call drive F:/ and i map that to the F:/ drive on the master computer which i have shared. this way if im using a file on the F drive on the master computer then the same file could be found on the F drive on the slave (however in reality the slave doesnt really have the file, its just sharing the one found on the master computers F drive. this setup has seemed to work really well and allows me and my partner to work on projects together and know that when files are used and projects saved that we will always know where to find them. What i would like to be able to do is to get a small computer for the purpose of being a file server. just basically a normal not too powerfull cheap processor, some ram, alot of drive space and a fast ethernet card should be all i need.

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Just a shot in the dark but maybe related to:

Originally posted by vlado
          One reason could be that you have not updated all the render slaves properly (cgauthXX.dll in particular). I tried a quick test here and it seems to work fine across 2 slaves with 1.47.03.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          Eric Boer
          Dev

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated!
            Im new to the dist.render and there was a few fundementals that i needed to learn first.
            I done some experimenting and wrote a small tut post about it. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong anywhere...

http://www.3dcaffeine.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314

thanks again, and happy rendering!

Comment

You can edit the max.ini file on your slaves to look at the main computers maps and pluggins folder instead of the folders locally stored on the slave machines. If you are going to edit the .ini file then you will need to make a copy of it just in case you break the original. If you need more input on this you can email me at lab@3dlaboratory.co.uk

nebille
              Another long and sleepless night.

Comment

hey nebille, check ur mail !

Comment

Working...
                X