Vray 5 speed improvements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 5 speed improvements?

I'm trying to justify the cost of upgrading to vray 5 and I definitely see the advantages of the new frame buffer, material presets, shader additions, etc but was wondering if anyone can comment as to any general speed improvements from next to 5.

I see the mention of the blue noise sampling but haven't been able to find any specifics as to whether this actually leads too faster render times.

Just wondering what others experiences have been. I'm all cpu based btw.

Thanks and happy new year!
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Users will have their say, however you should not bank on Blue Noise sampling for outright speed.
    Blue Noise is only going to help at very low sampling levels for now, resulting in a more readable image very early on.

Here's an old beta thread about performance gains.
    Last edited by ^Lele^; 02-01-2021, 03:45 AM.
    Lele
    Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
    ----------------------
    emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
    The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Thanks for the info Lele, kind of what I was suspecting. I'll do the trial but I am kind of assuming must speed gains in 5 will be from setup and workflow improvements via the new material presets, shader improvements, frame buffer, light mix, etc. This is equally valuable as well, just harder to measure. On to the trial...
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

You are correct, of course.
        Consider however that some techniques have been refined (take the new LC type.) and are much more stable for animations, without the need to resort to precalculation of sequences at all.
        Make sure you check out both the new and the old on your trial(s), we'd surely love to thear your thoughts about it.
        Lele
        Trouble Stirrer in RnD @ Chaos
        ----------------------
        emanuele.lecchi@chaos.com

Disclaimer:
        The views and opinions expressed here are my own and do not represent those of Chaos Group, unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Working...
        X